Broadcast is a group setting that allows admins to mandate that all members of a group receive instant email notifications for all posts shared to the group.
- When you turn on a group's broadcast option, all members of the group will receive instant email notifications about all new posts shared to the group.
Group members will not have the option to change their email preferences for a broadcast group. They will remain set to instant so long as broadcast is turned on.
If you turn on broadcast in an existing group, members' existing notification settings will be overridden and will be set to instant.
To turn broadcast on within a group...
- Visit the group page in which you'd like to turn on the broadcast option.
- Click the three dot button in the group header and select Edit Settings from the dropdown menu.*
- On the settings page, scroll to the bottom and toggle on the broadcast option. The toggle will be green when turned on.
- Once toggled on, click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
*You must be an admin to access the broadcast option on the settings page.