There's lot of different types of groups! The differences between each group type mainly revolves around permissions, or who can see posts and who can't.
- Private - content is limited to invited members only.
- Featured - featured groups are designated with a star and posts will be featured on the Friday Important News email.
- Required - all members of an organization are required to join this group, and they cannot leave the group.
- Admin only posting - only admins and/or moderators may post in this group.
- Enabled/disabled comments - comments may be enabled or disabled for posts in this group.
- Broadcast - mandates that all users receive instant email notifications for new posts in this group.
Keep in mind that you can utilize a combination of the different group types! So a group may be both required and admin-only posting. There's an endless variety of different groups you can create to ensure that your communication needs are met.