If you're using Google Drive with your team, our Google Drive integration makes it super easy to share your Drive files to Honey. To share a file from Google Drive:
- Compose a new post by clicking the orange New Post button.
- Once on the Post Composition page, click the paperclip icon in the middle of the page and select Google Drive from the dropdown menu.
- If you're posting from Google Drive for the first time, you'll be asked to authenticate your account.
- Then, select the file you'd like to share.
A few things to note about files shared from Google Drive:
- Files you share from Google Drive are not editable in Honey, but will always display the latest version of your document in drive. So, if you update a file in Google Drive that has already been shared to Honey, the updates will render automatically on the Honey post.
- Honey will respect the view/edit permissions you have set to your Google Drive files. If you have these set to limit viewers, the preview on Honey will require viewers to be signed into their Google accounts to view the files.
- Google Drive doc contents do not return in Honey search, as Google's permissions do not give us indexing access to your documents.