An announcement is a special kind of post that differs from a regular post in a few important ways ways:
- Announcements appear in a beautifully designed announcement carousel at the top of your organization page.
- When published, announcements are automatically sent to all Honey users in an instant email, regardless of their email notification settings. Read: best used for high-priority, all-hands news only.
- Announcements can only be created and managed by Honey admins.
How to create an announcement.
Creating an announcement is as easy as sharing a post. Here’s how:
- Create a post just as you normally would, using the orange new post button at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Add your title, content, and any attachments. Don’t forget to select the group you’d like to post to!
- When you’re all set with your post content, click the gear icon just above the blue publish button in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click the toggle to turn on the Mark as Announcement? option.
- Click the block check mark to publish your announcement. Your announcement will automatically be sent in an instant email to every member of your organization and will be displayed in the announcement carousel at the top of your organization page!
Additional info about announcements.