The features described below are only available to Honey admins. If you have questions about who can or cannot see these settings, please don't hesitate to send us a note. We'd be happy to help!
If you're a Honey admin, you have the option to create an announcement post—a powerful internal communications tool built for your most important content.
How an announcement post is different than a regular post:
An announcement is just like a regular post, but comes with some special super powers. When published, an announcement post...
- Is added to the announcement carousel on your organization page.
- Is sent in an instant email to all users, no matter their email notification settings.
- Is sent as a push notification to users who have our iOS or Android app installed.
To share an announcement post.
To share an announcement, you'll start by composing your post just like any other post. More details on that here. When you're done composing your post...
- Click the Continue button at the top, right-hand corner of your post composition form.
- Select the group and topic to share your post. You can select more than one group and topic.
- Toggle the Mark as Announcement switch to make the post an announcement. Please note, that posts must be made announcement in this step and can not be changed retroactively.
- Finally, click the blue Share to... button to share your announcement post.
- Your post will publish. It will be visible in the announcement carousel located in the organization feed. It also will also then send a mandatory email notification to all users in the organization and a push notification to those with the Honey mobile app.
To remove an announcement from the carousel.
By default, your announcement will stay in the announcement carousel on your organization page for two weeks—after which it will return to the feed like a normal post.
However, if your announcement is no longer relevant before the two week mark, you can remove it from the carousel at any time. Here's how...
- Visit your organization feed by clicking your organization icon at the top of your top navigation menu.
- On the announcement that you'd like to remove, click the three dot button.
- Select Remove from Carousel. This will remove your announcement from the carousel but will keep your post intact in the feed.
To view all previous announcements.
Honey keeps a log of all posts that have been shared as announcements. To view them...
- Visit your organization page by clicking your organization icon at the top of your navigation menu.
- In the page header, click the dropdown arrow next to All Posts.
- Select All Announcements. This will update your feed to display all the posts that have been shared as announcements.