Some of the features described below are only available to Honey admins. If you have questions about who can or cannot see these settings, please don't hesitate to send us a note. We'd be happy to help!
Our Slack integration is a powerful tool that makes managing information that moves between the two platforms as easy as possible. Let's dive in...
To share a post from Honey to Slack (one-off).
To share a single post from Honey into a Slack channel or direct message...
- Open the Honey post you'd like to share to Slack.
- Click the three dot button at the top, right-hand side of the post page and select Share to Slack from the menu.
- If you haven't already, you'll be asked to grant Honey access to your Slack account. Follow the guided steps to do so.
- Then, select the channel or direct message in which you'd like to share the post and click Share to Slack.
- A small snipped of the post and a link back to Honey post will be shared in Slack. Easy as that!
Sharing posts from Honey to Slack (automated).
To automatically share posts that are published in a Honey group into a Slack channel...
- Click the gear icon at the top, right-hand side of the navigation menu and select Account Settings from the menu.
- Then, click Integrations in the page header.
- In the Add an Outbound Integration section on the right, click the Slack icon.
- Then, select the Honey topic that's new posts you'd like to automatically share to Slack.
- Click the Configure to Slack button. This will take you to a Slack permissions page.
- In the Post To section, select the Slack channel to which you'd like your Honey posts to automatically publish.
- Click Authorize at the bottom of the page.
- Once set up, all posts that are shared to the Honey topic you selected will automatically be published to the Slack channel you selected. All share posts will include a small snippet of the post and a link back to the Honey content.
Accessing Honey content via your Slack commands.
If you spend the majority of your day in Slack, it can be helpful to find information in Honey without leaving your Slack account. We've created a few Slack commands to make it easy!
To use our commands, simply type them in the Slack message field. The commands and results will only be visible to you unless you choose to share them with the whole channel. Your available commands are:
- /honey help — displays all available Honey + Slack commands
- /honey search — allows you to search for Honey content from Slack. For example "/honey search handbook" would return a short list of Honey posts that include the keyword handbook. You'll also see a link to see more Honey results if you don't find what you're looking for straight away.
- /honey user — allows you to view a fellow user's Honey profile. After user, you'll need to type a name, job title, or email address. For example "/honey search email@example.com" will display Alison's profile photo, contact info, etc.
Adding your Slack information to your Honey profile.
If you'd like, you can add your Slack username and online/offline status to your Honey profile. To do so...
- Click the settings gear icon at the top, right-hand side of your navigation menu and select Tools from the menu.
- Then, in the Slack section of the Tools page, click the Add to Slack button, this will take you to the Slack permissions page.
- Review the details and click the Authorize button at the bottom of the page.
- This will navigate you to your Integrations page where you can set up Honey-to-Slack integrations if you'd like. If you'd prefer not to, you are all set! Your Slack details have been added to your profile.