Our G Suite integrations allow you to seamlessly share information from Google Drive and public Google Calendars on Honey. Here's how...
How to share a Google Drive file on Honey.
- Open up a new post by clicking the orange new post button at the bottom, right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click the paperclip icon in the editing toolbar at the top of the page.
- Select Google Drive from the dropdown menu.
- If you're already signed into Google Drive, this will open up a file picker window. If you're not signed into Google Drive, authenticate with your credentials to see the file picker.
- Choose the file(s) that you'd like to share on Honey, then click the Select button. You'll see that these files will appear in your post.
- Then, add/edit your post title and post body to your liking.
- When you're ready to publish, click Continue at the top right corner of the page, select your groups, and click the blue publish button.
You can, of course, also add a Google Drive file to an existing post by editing a post and following steps 2-7.
Details about Google Drive files on Honey.
- We love sharing files from Google Drive because if the file is edited, the link is permanent. No worries about returning to your post to update the file — we'll always point to the latest version of the document behind the link. Hooray!
How to share a Google Calendar on Honey.
If you’re a G Suite team, your shared calendars are probably the source of truth for office events, days off, vacation schedules, and all hands meetings. With our Google Calendar embed capabilities, you can share your team calendar (and all of your Google Calendars!) right in Honey. Here’s how:
- In your web browser, open Google Calendar.
- Click the settings cog in the top, right-hand corner of the window and select Settings.
- Then, in the left hand menu, select the calendar that you'd like to share.
- Then, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Integrate Calendar section.
- In this section, you'll see a box called Embed Code. Copy all of the text in this box. It will will begin with, <iframe src=”https…
Once you’ve copied your embed code, return to Honey.
- Open a new Honey post. Add your title and any text you’d like to include with your embedded calendar.
- Then, paste the embed code that you copied from your Google Calendar. Upon pasting this code, your calendar will embed right in your post.
- Finish your post, choose the groups in which you’d like to share it, and publish! Easy as that, honey bees.